Director, Program ManagementSan Jose, CA
Labcyte is looking for an experienced professional to join our 200+ employees and growing company. Reporting to the VP of R&D, you will be responsible for managing individual projects and complex programs, managing project/program managers, supporting R&D portfolio management, and working on corporate process improvements that enable and grow Labcyte’s capital equipment, automation, and consumables business. Qualified candidates must be able to work independently and as a leader of cross-functional teams, executing tasks on-time and in budget, and ensuring teams to do the same.
- Drive business priority alignment
- Participate in long-term product and business planning
- Development of effective tools and processes for managing Labcyte’s portfolio of projects/programs
- Manage regular project/program reviews, phase-gate reviews, and escalation reviews with senior management
- Proactively interact with functional leaders across the company to define project staffing, timelines, budgets, and deliverables; communicate project/program progress, and collaborate on solutions to project/program challenges
- Management of project and program managers
- Ensure project/program execution excellence, including management of planning, scope, schedules, budgets, risk mitigation, issue resolution, contractual requirements, and product performance
- Define project/program execution strategies
- Interface with key customers, collaborators, and partners
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
Skills and Attributes Required:
- BS/MS/PhD in engineering or physics
- 20+ years of experience, including:
- 10 years of equipment and consumables design and development
- 10 years of program management
- 5 years of R&D portfolio and operations management
- Leadership of multi-disciplinary engineering and cross-functional teams
- Development of low to medium production volume products (10’s to 1000’s /yr)
- Desired - PMP, IPMA or equivalent Certification
Other Helpful Skills, Attributes, and Experience
- Strong understanding of multiple engineering disciplines
- Highly organized, analytical, and thorough
- Able to optimize schedules within constraints of budget, task timelines, and staffing
- Rigor in applying development processes and methodologies
- Good understanding of the product development needs and responsibilities of Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Service
- Strong communication skills, both internally and with customers, collaborators, and partners
- Excellent understanding of product configuration management
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrated ability in managing development & process improvement projects, delivering products on-time and to-spec
- Broad understanding of various manufacturing processes
- Familiar with design and manufacturing of consumable products
- Experience in development of capital equipment for the life sciences
- San Jose, CA
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, is revolutionizing liquid handling. Echo liquid handling systems use sound to precisely transfer liquids. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by all twenty of the top twenty pharmaceutical companies, as well as by small to mid-size pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics, imaging mass spectrometry.
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Job ID #254” in the subject line.
Labcyte, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO employer/Vet/Disabled.