Global Field Applications Scientist (FAS) Manager Location: Open
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the ideal candidate should have experience working in a life science instruments company that develops, supports, or sells liquid handling instruments or similar. The individual must be able to communicate with all areas of our multidisciplinary company, including applications, sales, research and development and manufacturing. The individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the global FAS team, as well as maintaining excellent customer relationships. The individual will train, coach, direct and supervise the global FAS team and coordinate the operation of the FAS team by establishing territories, goals, and incentives. The individual will work closely with the global sales team and marketing team to ensure effective product positioning.
- Manage a global FAS team across North America, Europe and Asia
- Plan and direct staffing, including hiring, training and performance evaluations
- Execute a plan for seminars and demonstrations to assist the sales team build leads across a diverse set of applications
- Manage field support escalations to maintain high customer satisfaction while optimally utilizing Labcyte resources
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers
- Gather and disseminate knowledge regarding current and new market opportunities to the product marketing team
- Establish good working relationships with San Jose based teams (in-house applications, marketing, R&D, manufacturing, HR and finance), to help maximize the efficiency of the global FAS team
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures
- Attend trade shows and staff booth activities
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- Goal-oriented, with strong organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to manage and develop a globally distributed team of scientific professionals
- 5+ years of proven management experience within the life science field
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and liquid handling is preferred
- Extensive experience with customer relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Good command of the English language
- Undergraduate degree in a scientific discipline required
- MS/PhD desirable, but not required
- Up to 75% travel required to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Asia and Europe
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, is revolutionizing liquid handling. Echo liquid handling systems use sound to precisely transfer liquids. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by all twenty of the top twenty pharmaceutical companies, as well as by small to mid-size pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics, imaging mass spectrometry.
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Job ID #260” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.