Manufacturing TechnicianSan Jose, CA
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for manufacturing, testing, and troubleshooting Labcyte’s line of liquid-handling instruments and automated platforms.
The ideal candidate has been involved from the ground up with instrument manufacturing in a production environment with high consistency and quality. They will be expected to participate at a relatively high level to make our manufacturing process as efficient as possible.
- Manufacture, align, test and troubleshoot subassemblies and final assemblies that meet product specifications
- Utilize test methodologies and requisite equipment to ensure in-process and outgoing quality metrics
- Implement improvements in product cost, production efficiency, and product quality
- Other manufacturing and shipping tasks as required
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
- Experience with linear motion and drive systems, precision mechanisms, fluid control, chassis and cable routing required
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in manufacturing capital equipment required
- Skilled in building and troubleshooting computer-controlled electro-mechanical assemblies and systems (preferably laboratory equipment) required
- Skilled with basic hand and power tools (e.g. soldering iron, drill and taps, DVM, static straps, torque drivers, crimpers, pin extractors)
- Associates degree in a technical discipline
- Must be comfortable working around RF and lasers
- Effective and analytical problem solving skills
- Skilled with interpretation of drawings, procedures, specifications, etc.
- Excellent communication, planning, organizational & interpersonal skills
- Experience using all MS Office products
- Experience manipulating computer configuration and database files
- Must be able to work for extended periods on their feet, and lift and transport up to 50 pounds
- Must be capable of lifting and locating components and devices up to 50 pounds from a crate on the floor to a table up to 6 feet away at waist height and from waist height to shoulder height.
- Must be capable of assembling and disassembling small to medium assemblies and cables while standing on an elevated surface 3’ above the ground.
- Familiarity with liquid handling a plus
- San Jose, CA
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, is revolutionizing liquid handling. Echo liquid handling systems use sound to precisely transfer liquids. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by all twenty of the top twenty pharmaceutical companies, as well as by small to mid-size pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics, imaging mass spectrometry.
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Job ID #262” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.