Sr. Mechanical Engineer, ConsumablesSan Jose, CA
Labcyte Inc. seeks a highly-motivated candidate to join its R&D team. This position reports to the Sr. Mechanical Engineering Manager and will be responsible for designing precision consumables from concept to production release. Qualified candidates must be able to work in multi-disciplinary engineering teams and execute tasks on-time and to specification. The successful candidate must be able to grasp system-level issues and take them into consideration in the consumables design.
- Experience designing and molding precision plastic parts
- Experience with high volume (> 10,000 parts) injection molding
- Ability to manage molded part tooling development including mold-flow analysis
- Demonstrated success in delivering new products into production
- Good understanding of system-level trade-offs between mechanical design, fluid dynamics, and physics
- Good understanding of standard and geometric tolerancing
- Demonstrated experience with rapid prototyping of concepts
- Good understanding of various plastics and their properties
- Experience in configuration management for numerous consumables products
- Good understanding of PLM and MRP systems
- Ability to define and implement QA processes
- Experience with design of consumables packaging
- Demonstrated experience with Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with teams
- Proficient with SolidWorks
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
Other Helpful Skills, Attributes, and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Experience with FEA on designed parts
- Experience with design of laboratory or other productized capital equipment
- San Jose, CA
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, is revolutionizing liquid handling. Echo liquid handling systems use sound to precisely transfer liquids. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by all twenty of the top twenty pharmaceutical companies, as well as by small to mid-size pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics, imaging mass spectrometry.
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Job ID #264” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.