Materials ManagerSan Jose, CA
Oversees activities related to purchase of materials (inventory & non-inventory), inventory control, shipping/receiving and stores functions. May develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and material control practices. Sets and maintains acceptable inventory levels to support company’s business activities. Reviews and plans requirement for purchase of materials. Establishes and maintains appropriate metrics.
- Plans and implements activities within the Supply Chain to increase efficiency, reduce supply chain risk (sole & single source suppliers, critical materials).
- Coordinates with Finance on matters involving inventory and related costs.
- Participate in vendor selection and audits as required.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate metrics related to supply chain activities.
- Establish metrics and monitor production control performance to schedule.
- Review and approve schedule changes as required.
- Oversee function to ensure proper implementation of ECOs.
- Ensure compliance to import/export regulations.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to reduce logistics cost while maintaining company customer service levels and experience
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure efficient execution of appropriate functions within the group.
- Ensures proper supporting documentation and files related to group responsibilities are in place and maintained.
- Lead and/or participant as a member on various cross-functional teams.
Education, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Leads by example and motivates personnel by creating a challenging, empowering, and collaborative work environment.
- Understands industry best practices and concepts and able to leverage for continuous improvement
- Deep expertise and exposure to various organizational disciplines
- Solid analytical and problem solving ability
- Foster innovation and implement continuous improvement throughout the organization
Experience and Education:
- BS degree in Business, Management, or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive experience in materials, supply chain, or related discipline
- In depth understanding of ERP and PLM systems, concepts and their use in a manufacturing environment. (QAD and Arena experience desired)
- APICS or ISM certification
- San Jose, CA
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies.
Labcyte, a global biotechnology tools company headquartered in San Jose, California, is revolutionizing liquid handling. Echo liquid handling systems use sound to precisely transfer liquids. Labcyte instruments are used worldwide by all twenty of the top twenty pharmaceutical companies, as well as by small to mid-size pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology firms, contract research organizations and academic institutions. Labcyte’s customers work across a wide spectrum of biology including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics, diagnostics, imaging mass spectrometry.
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Job ID #267” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.