Delivering Precise and Efficient Liquid Transfer
Powerful but gentle in its approach, ADE drives Labcyte Echo® 500 series liquid handlers and the Portrait® 630 spotter. It focuses ultrasonic acoustic energy at the meniscus of a fluid sample to eject small droplets of liquid from wells and position them precisely onto a surface suspended above the ejection point.
The Echo liquid handler can transfer as many as 750,000 samples a day to 384-, 1536-, and 3456-well plates, slides and microfluidic devices—without touching the samples. This ground breaking technology benefits laboratory operations of all sizes:
- Eliminates cross-contamination through tipless transfer
- Provides unsurpassed accuracy and repeatability of results
- Preserves sample integrity and viability during transfer
- Increases flexibility in transferring liquids at different positions and volumes
- Reduces operating costs by eliminating disposable tips and reducing waste generation
Advancing Acoustic Liquid Handling with Dynamic Fluid Analysis™
Dynamic Fluid Analysis enables Echo liquid handlers to adapt easily to different types of fluids. This patented software algorithm adjusts acoustic energy requirements in real time without operator intervention. Dynamic Fluid Analysis also offers other powerful benefits:
- Eliminates manual calibration
- Ensures accurate, precise fluid transfer
- Increases the range of fluids transferred by acoustic energy
Doing More with Less
With Labcyte technology, laboratory scientists can meet the ongoing challenge of doing more with less. Echo liquid handlers provide a single, simple-to-operate system that handles multiple workflows and generates faster results, while eliminating restrictions imposed by traditional liquid handling.